Tuesday, March 11, 2008

RSS

RSS could save you lots of time if you constantly needed the information RSS feeds provide. I set up The Quote of the Day, Word of the Day amongst other blogs. The quote of the day is a great blog. I'd like to use some of these quotes so the archives will come in handy. However I just ventured back into blogland to find a quote I thought I read yesterday which sums up my learning experience but I couldn't find it!! Obviously I have a long way to go with blog sorting. I suppose the important question is what do you do with all this information. Maybe when I retire I'll have time to peruse these blogs at the moment they are taking up an amazing amount of time.

I wonder if the reference librarian would have the time to scroll through information for clients in order to answer a reference question. Maybe blogs serve more of a browsing purpose than a defined information request answer. What do others think? Molly

No comments: