Sunday, May 4, 2008

Slamming the Boards with Young Students

Answer boards seem to be a great idea but are we making finding information too easy if children can email a librarian on an answerboard site to gain instant information. It is really important that the librarians show children how to find the information not to just tell the children the answer to their question. Children expect information to be instant. What they have to be shown is that there are ways and steps to finding information and these are the ways professional librarians believe will help you in finding what you need. Lets not spoon feed children. They have to learn how to find the correct information in a world saturated in good and bad information.

As I am far behind everyone else I would love to go back and review what I have learnt so far as I have already forgotten soooo much but I have to move on as I am well and truely being left behind by my Learning 2.0 colleagues. I would love to put a picture here and there to smarten up my blog but time is running short. Molly

No comments: